Let’s Talk Sales! CFS Roundtable on Sales Accountability – Episode 33
March 26, 2018
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
All March, we've been talking about sales accountability and workability at CFS, both on the blog and in the podcast. So in this “CFS Talks Sales” roundtable, we share best practices for establishing accountability for yourself and your team.
In this episode of Let's Talk Sales, you'll hear from Charles Bernard, Rebecca Smith, Arianna Miskel, and me, Elizabeth Frederick.
Charles recently wrote an eBook called Accountability in Sales: a Guide for CEOs, Sales VPs, and Sales Managers on How to Guide Performance. In case you missed it, you can check it out here.
In the podcast, we shared advice for sales accountability that sales leaders can apply for themselves and their teams. We shared what's important to us when it comes to sales accountability and some common pitfalls sales leaders experience. We also shared stories, best practices, and advice for improving sales accountability.
Charles got me talking about my failed high school volleyball career, and Arianna talked for the second month in a row about our “Snausage” process. Rebecca continued her ongoing call for everyone to use time blocks.
We ended up sharing common themes throughout the episode, especially the importance of coaching.
Keys to Sales Accountability
- Charles recommended establishing a peer-level coaching program.
- Rebecca talked about sales training, establishing teams, and time blocking.
- Arianna reminded us to document accountability processes in the PlayBook
- I recommended one-on-one meetings.
Resources for Sales Accountability
We referenced a few of our free resources in the podcast, and you can find them here.
- Accountability in Sales: a Guide for CEOs, Sales VPs, and Sales Managers on How to Guide Performance – This is Charles's latest eBook on sales accountability.
- The Ultimate Guide to Setting and Achieving Sales Goals – This is my latest eBook on all aspects of sales goals, including accountability.
- Motivating Your Sales Team: The 4 Dimensions of Sales Motivation – Rebecca talked about the importance of understanding how different people are motivated.
- A Sales Manager's Strategy to Sales Prospecting – A guide to developing prospecting action plans.
- How to Time Block in 5 Simple Steps – Time blocking is an essential part of sales goal management.
- 3 Ideas to Kick a Sales Challenge in the Curve – Rebecca referenced this blog post about how to deal with the J-curve.
If you like the podcast, please subscribe to the show and leave us a rating or review. This helps more people find us. You can also recommend us to a friend!
If you have any questions or suggestions for the podcast, please leave a comment below. And if you’d like to be a guest on the show, please contact us at email@example.com.
Lastly, if you enjoyed this discussion, check out our previous “CFS Talks Sales” roundtables on building stronger relationships, improving customer service, managing change, and sales goal management.
Leave a Reply