Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Email |
Personal development is our key topic for April at CFS, both on the blog and in the podcast. So in this “CFS Talks Sales” roundtable, we share best practices for managing personal development for yourself and your team.
In this episode of Let's Talk Sales, you'll hear from Arianna Miskel, Charles Bernard, Rebecca Smith, and me, Elizabeth Frederick.
Arianna recently wrote an eBook called Personal Development: Navigating Your Way to Prosperity in Life, Business, and Sales. In case you missed it, you can check it out here.
In the podcast, we shared advice for managing personal development that leaders can apply for themselves and their teams. We shared stories about our own personal development experiences and what we've seen with clients. Each of us shared our ideas about common pitfalls sales leaders experience when managing personal development. We also shared best practices and actionable advice for managing personal development.
Charles shared some great book recommendations. Arianna talked about how many millennials don't like to talk on the phone and her fellow millennials agreed. Rebecca and I tried to top each other with our number of unread personal emails. You'll have to listen to know who wins!
Keys to Managing Personal Development
- I recommended giving people space to share their own goals for personal development. I also recommended using coaching journals to track notes and progress.
- Arianna reminded us to focus on your team members' own interests and skills.
- Rebecca talked about the importance of leading by example and shared a great story about tracking personal development time.
- Charles suggested a book of the month club, and he recommended the following books:
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It by Chris Voss
- Rebecca jumped in with one more book recommendation: The Purpose-Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? by Rick Warren.
Resources for Managing Personal Development
We referenced a few of our free resources in the podcast, and you can find them here.
If you like the podcast, please subscribe to the show and leave us a rating or review. This helps more people find us. You can also recommend us to a friend!
If you have any questions or suggestions for the podcast, please leave a comment below. And if you’d like to be a guest on the show, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lastly, if you enjoyed this discussion, check out our previous “CFS Talks Sales” roundtable discussions. We've shared best practices for building stronger relationships, improving customer service, managing change, sales goal management, and sales accountability.