When working with indecisive prospects, it can be extremely difficult to move forward in your selling process.
Sales professionals deal with several obstacles on their journey to closing. On the path to successful sales, there is a common roadblock that may cause setbacks. This frustrating occurrence is when a potential client is uncertain and does not follow through after the initial meeting.
If you are in sales, you have probably heard, “How does your company differ from others? Why is your pricing higher than your competitors?” Do you know how to answer these questions, and are you prepared to present a clear answer for the prospect? In order to find the solution to this conflict, the seller must be extremely prepared.
Buyers sometimes reach a point of confusion following a sales meeting, especially when deciding between the benefits of two companies’ products and services. This is especially true if they are investing in a product or service they ran into problems within the past.
These simple approaches can be your solution for dealing with indecisive prospects without seeming desperate and pushy:
- It is vital for you as the sales advisor to be prepared with facts and to be confident in your services. Providing the buyer with sufficient information upfront and a list of answers to questions they may potentially ask you is key.
- From the very beginning, an effective tool to use is whitepapers or testimonials from past and current clients. This provides the buyer an opportunity to hear your success stories. Using testimonials is valuable, especially if the companies are in the same markets; it gives them an additional push forward in the process.
- When you are open and honest in your first discussion about how you will bring value to your indecisive prospects, they will be more engaged in what you have to offer. Be sure to present all the costs up front, because there is no use in investing time on a prospect that does not have the budget for your product or service.
- Show excitement and enthusiasm, and be sure to keep it genuine. As a sales person your emotional state is important in making your potential client feel comfortable.
- Show commitment and interest in working on an opportunity with a prospect by maintaining contact through regular emails and phone calls.
You cannot allow the uncertainty of the buyers to hinder your sales performance. In following this simple process, you will achieve your utmost success when dealing with hesitant prospects!
Have any ideas on how to work with indecisive prospects? Let us know in the comments!