If you’re looking for some inspiration for your sales efforts, these sales leadership quotes are a great place to start.
From sales experts like Matthew Dixon, Brent Anderson, and Jeb Blount, to inspirational leaders like Simon Sinek, Grant Cardone, and Stephen Covey, we hope you find the following sales leadership quotes helpful.
Ready to ignite your sales efforts? Here we go!
38 Tweetable Sales Leadership Quotes to Inspire Your Sales Efforts
Want to know what top leaders do differently? It all starts with the mind and our habits. Stephen Covey and Charles Duhigg hit the nail on the head with these sales leadership quotes.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
1) “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
2) “Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he will become as he can and should be.”
3) “To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.”
4) “When the trust account is high, communication is easy, instant, and effective.”
5) “Start with the end in mind.”
The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
6) “Change might not be fast and it isn't always easy. But with time and effort, almost any habit can be reshaped.”
7) “This is the real power of habit: the insight that your habits are what you choose them to be.”
8) “If you believe you can change – if you make it a habit – the change becomes real.”
What’s the difference between success and failure? Grant Cardone and Simon Sinek share more on what it takes to move beyond the curve with the following sales leadership quotes.
The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone
9) “As long as you are alive, you will either live to accomplish your own goals and dreams or be used as a resource to accomplish someone else's.”
10) “I suggest that you become obsessed about the things you want; otherwise, you are going to spend a lifetime being obsessed with making up excuses as to why you didn't get the life you wanted.”
11) “Average is a failing plan! Average doesn't work in any area of life. Anything that you give only average amounts of attention to will start to subside and will eventually cease to exist.”
12) “Never take the position that things just happen to you; rather, they happen because of something you did or did not do.”
13) “Success tends to bless those who are most committed to giving it the most attention.”
Start With Why: How Great Leader Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
14) “People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe.”
15) “There are only two ways to influence human behavior: you can manipulate it or you can inspire it.”
16) “Trust is maintained when values and beliefs are actively managed. If companies do not actively work to keep clarity, discipline and consistency in balance, then trust starts to break down.”
17) “Great companies don't hire skilled people and motivate them, they hire already motivated people and inspire them.”
18) “Some in management positions operate as if they are in a tree of monkeys. They make sure that everyone at the top of the tree looking down sees only smiles. But all too often, those at the bottom looking up see only asses.”
19) “Leadership requires two things: a vision of the world that does not yet exist and the ability to communicate it.”
20) “The role of a leader is not to come up with all the great ideas. The role of a leader is to create an environment in which great ideas can happen.”
What do great sales leaders have in common? They understand that becoming a great seller isn’t about selling; it’s about hard work and action. Matthew Dixon, Brent Adamson, Jeb Blount, and Mark Hunter share their views on great selling with these sales leadership quotes.
21) “Customers want to talk about their business, not your solution.”
22) “Just as you can’t be an effective teacher if you’re not going to push your students, you can’t be an effective Challenger if you’re not going to push your customers.”
23) “But what if customers truly don’t know what they need? What if customers’ single greatest need—ironically—is to figure out exactly what they need?”
24) “Challengers win not by understanding their customers’ world as well as the customers know it themselves, but by actually knowing their customers’ world better than their customers know it themselves, teaching them what they don’t know but should.”
25) “After all, there’s usually little stopping your competition from discounting their way to a win. In that game, loyalty is essentially irrelevant, as customers aren’t looking for a partner, they’re looking for a bargain.”
26) “The world of solution selling is almost definitionally about a disruptive sale. It’s not that you’re asking customers to buy your product and put it up on the shelf with all of the other products they’ve bought. Rather, you’re asking customers to change their behavior—to stop acting in one way and starting acting in another.”
27) “Customers aren’t looking for reps to anticipate, or ‘discover,’ needs they already know they have, but rather to teach them about opportunities to make or save money that they didn’t even know were possible.”
Fanatical Prospecting by Jeb Blount
28) “There is no easy button in sales. Prospecting is hard, emotionally draining work, and it is the price you have to pay to earn a high income.”
29) “Mediocrity is like a broke uncle. Once he moves into your house, it is nearly impossible to get him to leave.”
30) “Here is the brutal reality. If you don't have a plan, you will become a part of someone else's plan. You can either take control of your life or someone else will use you to enhance theirs. It's your choice.”
31) “Superstars are relentless, unstoppable prospectors. They are obsessive about keeping their pipeline full of qualified prospects.”
32) “Act enthusiastic, think enthusiastic thoughts, and use enthusiastic language and you will begin to feel enthusiastic and eventually become enthusiastic.”
High-Profit Prospecting by Mark Hunter
33) “Success is not a constant…you have to earn it each and everyday.”
34) “The greatest sale you’ll ever make is selling the right, privilege, honor and respect to meet with the person again.”
35) “Sales development is not a task, it is a lifestyle.”
36) “The best selling tip you’ll ever hear is the one you actually use.”
37) “Attitude + Action = Success in Sales.”
38) “The greatest asset in any company is its leadership. The second greatest asset lies in its ability to grow new leaders.”
Did you enjoy these sales leadership quotes? Have others to share? We’d love to hear more—share them in the comments below!