Here at CFS, we love quotes that inspire and motivate and this week it’s all about team building quotes to help drive sales growth.
“Two is better than one,” they say (name those lyrics!).
We couldn’t agree more. We’ve worked with quite a few sales teams and have discovered that with collaboration comes great power and success.
Collaboration = Team Success
In our experience we’ve discovered that sales teams that work together to exchange best selling practices for their Sales PlayBooks are 70% more successful than those who don’t.
Now, that’s some collaboration I can get behind!
But working together isn’t always easy! The beauty of salespeople is that they tend to be independent and self-motivated. This can make effective collaboration challenging—which is probably why you clicked on this team building quotes article in the first place!
So, let’s get to it!
Team Building Quotes on Collaboration
1. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” – Henry Ford
2. “It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed.” – Charles Darwin
3. “If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” – George Bernard Shaw
4. “Collaboration allows teachers to capture each other's fund of collective intelligence.” – Mike Schmoker
5. “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie
6. “Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds.” – SEAL Team saying
7. “Trust is knowing that when a team member does push you, they’re doing it because they care about the team.” – Patrick Lencioni
8. “None of us is as smart as all of us.” – Ken Blanchard
9. “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” – Babe Ruth
10. “Individual commitment to a group effort – that’s what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi
Team Building Quotes on Development & Growth
11. “You don't win with the best talent – you win with the five players who are able to play well together.” – Sportscaster
12. “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
13. “All of us, at certain moments of our lives, need to take advice and to receive help from other people.” – Alexis Carrel
14. “To collaborative team members, completing one another is more important than competing with one another.” – John C. Maxwell
15. “It is amazing what can be accomplished when nobody cares about who gets the credit.” – Robert Yates
16. “When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality.” – Joe Paterno
17. “Interdependent people combine their own efforts, with the efforts of others to achieve their greatest success.” – Stephen Covey
18. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed. It is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
19. “A boat doesn't go forward if each one is rowing their own way.” – Swahili proverb
20. “What we need to do is learn to work in the system, by which I mean that everybody, every team, every platform, every division, every component is there not for individual competitive profit or recognition, but for contribution to the system as a whole on a win-win basis.” – W. Edward Deming
Have other favorites to add to the list of team building quotes? Please comment below (we love collaboration!).