It’s the week of Valentine’s Day, which means you’re likely doing one or all of the following: searching for quotes on passion and love, scouring Pinterest for clever candy bar poster ideas, or doing a little last minute shopping at CVS.
But seriously. Love and passion are in the air and as someone who loves love, I can’t help but join in.
So, I have to ask…
What are you passionate about?
Do you wake up every day feeling passionate about your life?
Are you passionate about your work?
Do you feel inspired to share the work you’re doing with others?
Does the mantra, “Love what you do and you’ll never work a day in your life,” resonate with you?
Inspiring Quotes on Passion
I have to be honest: I love my job.
No, my boss didn’t pay me to write that and no, I’m not saying it to suck up.
I sincerely love my job. Why? I’m passionate about helping people—and that’s what CFS is all about. At the core of it all, our goal is to solve problems for others. What’s great is that this isn’t just something we “say,” it’s something we believe and something we do.
But enough about me—this is about you! You’re here because you’re looking for quotes on passion to inspire and motivate you, right? You’re here to light or re-ignite a fire.
Here are 21 quotes on passion to inspire you to do what you love, and love what you do.
1. “I am tomorrow, or some future day, what I establish today. I am today what I established yesterday or some previous day.” – James Joyce
2. “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.” – Steve Jobs
3. “Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still.” – Henry David Thoreau
4. “You never achieve success unless you like what you are doing.” – Dale Carnegie
5. “Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
6. “Chase your passion, not your pension.” – Denis Waitley
7. “You are what you do. If you do boring, stupid, monotonous work, chances are you’ll end up boring, stupid, and monotonous.” – Bob Black
8. “There is no greatness without a passion to be great, whether it’s the aspiration of an athlete or an artist, a scientist, a parent, or a businessperson.” – Anthony Robbins
9. “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.” – Field Marshal Ferdinand Foch
10. “Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men’s blood… Make big plans; aim high in hope and work.” – Daniel Burnham
11. “Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” – Buddha
12. “Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
13. “A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” – John Maxwell
14. “Love. Fall in love and stay in love. Write only what you love, and love what you write. The key word is love. You have to get up in the morning and write something you love, something to live for.” – Ray Bradbury
15. “Don’t aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.” – David Frost
16. “I’d rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.” – George Burns
17. “There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the passion of life.” – Federico Fellini
18. “One person with passion is better than forty people merely interested.” – E. M. Forster
19. “There is no passion to be found playing small–in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
20. “Nobody can be successful unless he loves his work.” – David Sarnoff
21. “Do what you love to do and give it your very best. Whether it’s business or baseball, or the theater, or any field. If you don’t love what you’re doing and you can’t give it your best, get out of it. Life is too short. You’ll be an old man before you know it.” – Al Lopez
Are you feeling inspired yet? What other quotes on passion motivate you? I’d love to know—please share in the comments section below!
Rebecca Smith is the Director of Marketing at Criteria for Success. She writes about sales, sales leadership, social selling best practices, time management, and anything related to helping others discover success. Be sure to say hi on Twitter @RebeckerSmith.