The plethora of party invites may seem like a drag, but they are actually goldmines for “holiday networking”
You’ve got to love the holiday season! The smell of hot chocolate on a cold winter day, the holiday decor found in every retail store and most importantly, spending time with those you cherish most. Everyone seems to be in a slightly better mood, which naturally makes your smile just a little bit wider. Finally! The year is coming to a close and it is time to mentally check out and start thinking about next year, right?
While I find it easy to get distracted by the holiday shuffle, I also realize that it is important to start the New Year with momentum. However, now is probably not the best time for me to start frantically calling my prospects in an attempt to get deals rolling. It is however, a great time to connect with my network: also known as, holiday networking.
With so many holiday-themed parties and events, it’s a perfect time to introduce (and be introduced to) potential strategic partners. This time of year brings so many opportunities to make connections, and I don’t want to miss the opportunity to meet some new faces.
Here are a few things I plan to do to take advantage of the unique opportunities of the holiday season.
Holiday Networking Examples:
- Attend holiday parties to casually reconnect with friends and close business partners.
- Attend holiday-themed networking events to maintain momentum into the coming New Year.
- Host a business holiday get together to celebrate another great year with my team.
- Schedule holiday dinners with friends to relax and decompress despite the hectic pace of the season.
- Invite clients to lunch as way to say thank you for their support.
I intend to stay very busy while enjoying everything the holiday season has to offer. How do you plan on closing out the year? What sales activities do you engage in during the month of December?
Happy Holiday Networking Everyone!