The best motivational speakers really make you think. Sometimes they rip the carpet from under you and make you reevaluate your entire life. Sometimes they make you realize you could be better and you decide to act accordingly.
We don’t always realize when we aren’t being our best. We may not realize that we have been on autopilot for the past six months and haven’t really done anything to try to enhance our professional or personal life. It’s easy to do the same thing every day and stay in routine, but it’s not the best thing to do.
Sales is a career that takes constant hard work and motivation. Maybe you need motivation because you haven’t closed a deal in a while and being told “no” is ruining your work ethic. Maybe you need motivation because you feel like you are simply capable of more than you are doing.
Here are the best motivational speakers to help you sell more:
- Eric Thomas (The Hip Hop Preacher): Eric Thomas became the famous motivational speaker he is today after telling “The Guru Story” at the University of Michigan about ten years ago. Once homeless for over two years, he worked to complete his GED and get a college degree over a twelve-year time period. He is famous for quotes such as:
- “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful”
- “Don’t make a habit out of choosing what feels good over what’s actually good for you.”
- “Don’t quit. You’re already in pain. You’re already hurt. Get a reward from it.”
In “The Guru Story,” Eric will not only make you want to give up sleep and fun in order to generate success for yourself, he will make you want to do it right now. Check out the video:
- Zig Ziglar: Zig Ziglar was an author and motivational speaker that traveled the world delivering motivational speeches from 1970 into the early about 2010. He is known for famous quotes such as:
- “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.”
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.”
- “There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.”
- Tony Robbins: Tony Robbins is a famous motivation speaker raised in an abusive household until he left at the age of 17. He is an author, motivational speaker, and seminar host. Here are a few of his most famous quotes:
- “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”
- “A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.”
- “Your philosophy of life shapes you more than anything else.”
At the end of the day, the only person that can truly motivate you is yourself. As the best motivational speakers said in the videos above, changing your life starts with changing your perspective on life. This applies to anything including work and sales.
Who do you think are the best motivational speakers? Let us know in the comments!